The FDCA (Rubber foundation) is born
The FDCA or rubber foundation was created on June 12, 2014 following an agreement signed between its founding members and Fondation de France(1). Jacques Maigné is the first president of this rubber foundation. Its mission is to further strengthen research and training on rubber in order to consolidate our industry’s competitiveness. the aim is to work upstream on scientific and technical issues whose results will help drive innovation processes, while attracting young talents to this industry and providing them with training. The FDCA has nine founding members representing the diversity of companies across the rubber and polymers industry:
- Goodyear Dunlop, Hutchinson and Michelin, three major global groups
- 3 SME manufacturers of technical rubber-based parts (EFJM-Guy Aubert, Geffica, Wattelez,)
- Safic Alcan, intermediate-sized company distributing raw materials
- Eximium, investment fund
- SNCP (French trade association for rubber and polymers), industry organization
(1) A non-profit public foundation, created in 1969, it supports concrete and innovative projects. it takes action in three areas: helping people, developing knowledge and protecting the environment.